- Pain medications will only be prescribed by this office following trauma or surgery performed by our physicians.
- Pain Medication will only be prescribed for up to 6 weeks following a surgery or trauma - after which, patients will be referred to a Pain specialist or Primary Care Physician for continued refills.
- Due to our provider's schedules, we require minimum of 48 hours to respond to a request for additional medications.
- Prescriptions will not be filled after 4pm, on weekend, or holidays.
- Pain medications are prescribed based on a set number of tablets per 24 hours. Early refills are not permitted if pills are used before the set refill date without prior discussion with the surgeon.
- Pain medications reported lost, stolen, destroyed, etc will not be refilled early. Keep medications in a safe place.
We expect patients taking pain medications prescribed by ROC Orthopedics to:
- Not receive any pain medication from any other physician or provider.
- Inform surgeon or his assistant about all current medications in addition to the pain medications, including over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Aspirin.
- Not consume alcohol while on narcotics and to inform surgeon or his assistant if using alcohol to control pain.
- Be aware some medications cannot be called into a pharmacy. These prescriptions will need to be mailed or picked up at our office.
- Be aware some narcotics may cause changes in appetite, sleep, sexual desire/performance, and mood. Other side effects may include drowsiness, constipation, delayed reaction times(driving), etc.
**Please Note: The clinic will not authorize refill requests after hours, weekends, or holidays**
Prescription Refills can also be requested online!
Please visit our patient portal to request a refill of your medications. Please note, you will need a username and password to log into the portal